Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Distressed Dots - Retirement card class card

This card is CASEd off of a card from a fellow demo that I met at Convention, standing in line at Memento Mall.  She lives in Maryland too.   900 miles from home and we meet at Convention!
She sent me a card after I got home, I kept it on my desk, ordered the stamp, but never used it!! Do you ever do that? get stamps and don't use them?  I have started a system.   I put a post it not on the stamp set  and write the date and reason I have used it.   This way I will be more aware of the sets I am using and ones that I am not....and use some of those virgin stamp sets.

Here is my version of the card she sent me.


I used Baja Breeze for my card, a layer of Summer Starfruit and Whisper White  for the Distressed Dots background.   I inked the Distressed Dots stamp in Summer Starfruit and sponged the edges of the stamp with Baja Breeze, then stamped onto the whisper white cardstock, after it dried a minute, I sponged the edges of the whisper white cardstock.   I wrapped the Baja Breeze Seam Binding and taped it to the back of the whisper white layer.   I was going to tie a knot on the seam binding, but changed my mine.  The greeting layer is first stamped with white ink on baja breeze cardstock using the floral label stamp, embossed with white embossing powder and heat set.   THEN, I stamped the greeting in white ink and embossed with white embossing powder too and heat set.  I used the Stamp a ma jig to make sure it was straight.    Then I ran it thru the Big Shot using the Label framelits that match the size of the flower stamp.  I used dimensionals to adhere it onto the card. 

ENJOY! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...