Sunday, May 26, 2013

Stampin' Up's Nature Walk....card from Retirement Card Class

As promised in the last post, I am posting pictures of the cards we made in the Retirement Card Class on Saturday. 

This card uses another favorite set, Nature Walk


When I made this card, I couldn't decide whether to use the color Crumb Cake for the base of the card, or Early Espresso.   SO, I made both and asked my husband to decide, so he picked the Early Espresso card, and promptly used it for his brother's birthday card.   The card the ladies made at the class was Early Espresso.  I did some faux layering too.  The card is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, folded and the very vanilla is 5 1/4 x 4.  On top of the vanilla layer on the left side is a strip of First Edition DSP (retiring too)and the edge is torn on one side.  I turned it over and on the opposite side, sponged some regal rose ink (retiring too), then turned the DSP over and adhered it to the layer.   I stamped the greeting first so that I knew where to start the sponging.  I used a retired background stamp, Sanded and inked it in Crumb Cake, stamped off first then stamped onto the small layer.   I inked up the flower image using Always Artichoke and Regal Rose markers, added the "no. 147" at the bottom in Crumb Cake ink.  Of course I used Stampin' Up!'s Amazing dimensionals to "pop up" the flower image layer and added some Artichoke seam binding.  


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...