Friday, May 24, 2013

Best of Everything!!!

Over the next few days I will be showing the cards we are making at the Retirement Card Class.   I used 6 different retiring sets and made a card from each set.   I thought that I would have the cards really simple cards, but as I started putting them together, I added and changed them.   SO not all 5-10 minute cards, but not too hard either.  

This first card is my favorite set of all that is retiring this year....I will be keeping it! 



I used Baja Breeze cardstock...also my favorite cardstock and it is retiring~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YIKES! I did get a few packs to use to help me transition til I find a new LOVE.   The card is 4 1/4 x 11 and then I took another piece of baja breeze 4 x 5 1/4 and ran it thru the Big Shot with the woodgrain embossing folder.  The layer behind the white layer is Basic Gray 4 x 3 1/2 and the whisper white is 3 x 3 1/4.   I inked the tree branch using the markers Gumball Green and Chocolate Chip and the flowers using the rose red marker.   The bird is Calypso Coral.   I tried (and I tried hard) to not have to cute those flowers out by hand.....I used 2 sizes of the flower fusion embosslit, but it just would not work whether it was stamping first, then cutting or cutting and then stamping.   I gave up after about 30 mins and just cut them out.   I put a brad thru them, I only had some silver ones, but my Stampers Club order came a little while ago and I now have brights too.  They are on the Retired List and on sale for just a few days longer.  So I bought the other color families too, they should match most of the colors.   I attached the flowers using a mini glue dot, rolled up to give it a little more dimension.  I wrapped Linen Thread around the bottom of the Basic Gray layer and attached to the card using dimensionals.   Oh how I love Stampin' Up!'s dimensionals, they are the best for "popping up" an image and so easy to use.   I stamped the verse in Basic Gray. 

What is your favorite Stamp Set on the Retirement List?  Favorite Color retiring?  or Accessory?  Leave a comment for me and  if I have the set, color, accessory, I will make a card or project and post it.  ALSO send me a email with your snail address and I will send that card or project to you.   BUT you must first leave a comment here.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...