Monday, May 6, 2013

Anniversary Card

A few weeks ago a friend asked if I could make a 70th Anniversary card for a relative of theirs.   I said sure!   I went into my stamp room and started to create.   I liked a card we made at a Proverbial Stampers gathering a while back and decided to make my card using the design (as I remembered, because I had already sent that card).  I started to look for my number set, and I did not have a single number stamp set in my collection of hundreds of sets!  Does that ever happen to you?   Well, I quickly went through the catalog and found Memorable Moments set on page 139.  I placed my order for the set and a few more items I needed and waited for it to be delivered....In the meantime, I started making the rest of the card.  When it arrived, I realized the set had Happy and Anniversary in the set!  I decided to use those words with the numbers and I think it turned out pretty good.  What do you think?




I gave my friend the card and realized I never took a picture of it, so I emailed her and asked her if she hadn't given the card, would she take a picture and send it to me.

I used Midnight Muse cardstock for the base card and I used 2 different pieces of DSP from Paisley Petals DSP (retired last year).   I use the white organza ribbon to cover where the two pieces of DSP join.  I stamped the flowers from Secret Garden stamp set in Midnight Muse and embossed with clear powder.  I cut them out with their matching framelits!!!!!!!  Our great new ink pads are so juicy it is easy to emboss in all the gorgeous colors we have.  I  did some water coloring on the flowers with my aqua painter and embossed the greeting in Midnight Muse ink too.  I used the label framelits for the Greeting and Midnight Muse layer behind it.  I used a bunch of dimensionals and when I had the card completed, I added some Crystal Effects to the centers of the flowers.


So, what do you think?  Do you have any questions about how I did something on this card?   Leave me a comment and I will pull a item from my retiring items and send it to you.

NO COMMENT, NO FREEBIE!!! 

Coming SOON, my first video!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...