Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope everyone had a Lovely Valentine's Day....a day filled with Love.  That is what I wished for everyone this day. 

I have to apologize for not posting any sooner.   No excuses, just haven't done it and I am sorry. 

I will just have to do better....starting today.   I am visiting family in Florida and enjoying the warm weather and NO SNOW!!!  My husband and I (Anniversary today, 18 years!!!) well, we were married here in Florida on the beach at Lori Wilson Park on Cocoa Beach, Florida.    Every year we come to Florida in February for our Anniversary.   I usually have a stamp class, or stamp a stack while I am here and I had some fun projects planned for this visit.   BUT, plans changed and it just didn't work out.  Below are the items we were going to make at my Valentine's Class (that never was)...  

 Here is a close up of the Valentine card.   The card base is Perfect Plum and the front panel is Blushing Bride, which I ran thru the Big Shot using the Framed Tulips embossing folder and sponged some blushing bride ink on the embossed area.  The image of the heart tree is stamped on whisper white using blushing bride ink and early espresso marker for the trunk.  I layered the stamped image onto Saraha Sand and then Perfect Plum cardstocks.   The greeting is stamped in blushing bride ink and perfect plum marker onto whisper white cardstock scrap and punched out using the small oval punch, next I punched perfect plum cardstock using the large oval punch and finally I punched saraha sand cardstock using the scalloped oval punch.  Of course I had to pierce holes in each of the scallops...I just have to....  Under the greet in a scrap piece of victoria crochet trim, and I used just a scrap that was too small to even use for just tying a knot.
 Guess what these are????  Give up?   Individually wrapped Ghiradelli chocolates.   No, I didn't loose my mind and wrap all the chocolates in the package, just 3 of them.   This was so simple and they look so cute.  I wrapped some of last years Valentine DSP and you only need a small piece (5 x 3 1/2) around a wrapped Ghiradelli chocolate, centering the chocolate.   I used snail adhesive to adhere the paper together...it was a little hard with the thicker DSP, but hey, I want the receiver to be able to rip open that candy and if I used sticky strip, that stuff holds forever....Next, get that long lost tool you have in a drawer, somewhere!! I know you have one... and crimp the edges on each side..I used some pretty in pink taffeta ribbon to tie them together and punch some hearts using the Heart to Heart punch and punched a hole in the tops of the hearts, strung them onto some linen thread and tied that onto the bow.
 This is a cute little box and it holds a Valentine treat.   Guess!!!   Times up...It holds chocolate!!  3 Ghiradelli chocolates fit snugly into this cute box.  The heart on the front is made from the scallop heart of hearts embosslet die and the Big Shot....I used perfect plum and the inside heart is punched from the large heart punch using Melon Mambo cardstock, same as the box.  I stamped the Love you greeting in perfect plum and punched it out using the small label punch and put some bling over the "o" with the rhinestone pearls.  I got these two Ghiradelli chocolate projects off of a blog, here  WOO HOO, I finally figured out how to link another blog ....at least I hope it works.
 This last treat was made from some small cello bags filled with treats, chocolate ghiradelli for my Mom and Candy hearts for her husband, Ed.   My downline gave me the idea, she had made sometime very similar using black stazon ink and the Valentine stamp from the occasions mini catalog.   I don't own that stamp *gasp**!! and I didn't bring stazon ink with me to Florida, but had some red stazon and used that.   I stamped some hearts from I heart hearts and the Love image from the valentine defined stamp set from the occasions mini catalog.

Love and Enjoy!

Bible Verse of the Day....Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.— Romans 12:9 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...