Friday, February 18, 2011

Stamping cards with Mom

While in Florida, we finally got some stamping time in....My last day here.    We made several cards using sets that haven't seen ink as well as used some sets that I don't have...Hey, how'd that happen!!!   I'm amazed at the sets I don't own, but want to own.....

This first one I copied, not sure where?  but the her name is Heather Klump.
The stamp set is Sew Sweet from the Occasions mini catalog and one that I DO NOT OWN!!!!  But want to own...  The card is certainly celery, and the front is whisper white, stamped with early espresso ink for the spools of thread and the body form stand.   We colored the spools of thread with colored pencils.   Next we stamped the body form on some DSP (Greenhouse Gala) any DSP will work and cut out just the body form and adhered to stand with dimensionals.  We picked out a button (probably from a shirt falling off long ago), using a mini glue dot.  Next stamped the greeting from L1 Hostess set, silhouette sentiments and punched out using the modern label punch, then trimmed off on the one side with scissors and adhered using a dimensional.  The ruler was stamped on regal rose cardstock with regal rose ink and trimmed.  The stamped image panel was pierced all around using the mat pack and a paper piercer.   This card took a little time to make because of the coloring and the piercing.   It could be made quicker using a sewing machine and no thread, but remember to use a different needle when sewing thru cardstock, it makes the needle dull and you don't want to sit down to sew material and make a mess of it because the needle is dull.   I have a separate needle and keep it in a tictac box, marked..paper needle and just shake it out when I want to use it.   I also put a spot of sharpie marker at the top too.

ENJOY!!!


Bible verse of the Day:  Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  -- 1 Peter 5:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...