Monday, September 23, 2013

Stampers Club Cards and envelope

This month for Stampers Club, I changed the extra project from a 3x3 card to an envelope made with the new Envelope punch board....   My first 2 or 3 envelopes weren't that great, I either creased too hard and cut the paper or I had the first measurement wrong for my size paper.   It is really a great new tool, not for just envelopes but cards too and the corner rounder it has on it is very handy.

Here are my first 2 usable envelopes, which I have already used.   They both are made using some retired DSP, but you could use anything, even wrapping paper!   I do like the double sided paper, so when the recipient opens the envelope, the inside is beautiful too.  My niece sent me a card with some photos in it a couple weeks ago and the envelope was double sided paper.   For several days I kept opening the envelope and checking out the paper on the inside.   It was so pretty!  I try to always stamp something on my envelope so I am not sending a naked envelope, this just gives me another option.   How to seal?  How to address it?  I used snail adhesive on the flaps that are at the bottom, after I put the card in the envy, I used some snail too for the top flap, you could really use any adhesive.   As for the address on the other side of the envy, I used some labels that were being discontinued from my work 10 years ago, there were almost 5000 in the box back then and I haven't used that many over the years, maybe 100-200.   I am giving anyone ordering the envelope punch board from me a couple hundred of those labels as a Thank You.



 
Supplies Used:    Envelope punch board   #133774    $19.95
Retired DSP papers
 
 
 Here is the 1st card we made, simple and uses washi tape, I have all that we sell, however I have never used it.   I copied the card from somewhere but I didn't write it down, sorry, so if you see this on my blog, and  it's a copy of yours, let me know and I will edit this post and give you credit.

The card uses the two butterfly punches, some of the washi tape from the Gingham Garden Washi Tape pkg.  Oh my, that stuff is great for adding some color - quickly to a card or project.
The birthday is from the Remembering Your Birthday set from the catalog.  I guess I should have used the stamp set, Papillion Potpourri since there is a sale...purchase Papillion Potpourri stamp set and the Bitty Butterfly Punch together and save 15%   clear mount #135311   $26.27 a savings of $4.63 and wood mount #135312  #29.67 a savings of $5.23   A great deal if you don't own either of those items.   But just for another week, ends Sept 30th.


 
Supplies used:   Daffodil Delght Card stock   #119683 
Whisper White Card stock   #100730 
Daffodil Delight Ink     #126944
Elegant Butterfly Punch   #127526
Bitty Butterfly Punch    #129406
Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape     #129314
Candy Dots, Subtles   #130933
Remembering Your Birthday stamp set #131350
Occasions Paper Piercing Pack   #129387
Dimensionals    #104430
 
This next card uses the circle card Thinlit die, new and not in any catalog yet, however you can order it.  I have a lot of retired DSP, so for this card I decided to use up some of it.  I also had just enough Lucky Limeade card stock (also retired) for the base of the card.  When making this card, I wanted to layer it with DSP, but you need the circle framelit dies to cut the circle out and I don't have those yet, so I searched the Internet and found a video on making a layer without the circle framelits.   It showed making the card horizontal instead of vertical, so that is what I did.  It is not too hard to do, you just have to lay your card stock under, then over the thinlit die.
 
 
 
 Here is the inside after you "swing" it open.   Not much space to write a message, however you can do that on the back of the card.


 
Supplies Used:   Lucky Limeade Card Stock
DSP retired (not sure what package)
Island Indigo Card Stock   #122923
Whisper White Card Stock    #100730
Island Indigo Ink   #126986
Basic Gray Ink   #126981
Smoky Slate marker   #131898
Pool Party marker    #126982
Summer Starfruit marker    #126856  (2012-2014 In Colors)
Circle Card Thinlit Die  #133480
Scallop circle Punch    #118874
Dimenionals   #104430
Crystal Effects    #101055
 
 
A couple of card classes are coming up soon, I will post here as well as "my newsletter" email that I send out.   If you would like to receive "my newsletter" comment below or send me a email at sbjcarol@yahoo.com.  If you want to purchase any of the items mentioned in this or any other blog posts, shop at my website, email me, call me or txt me @ 410.382.4874.
 
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
Carol
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...