Friday, September 6, 2013

Keurig Pod Gift Holder, directions and organization for projects.

I am going to share the directions on how to make the Keurig Pod Gift Holder that I posted yesterday.   I am also sharing my new method of organizing projects (3d).  

First, I am not sure whose blog I originally saw this pod gift holder, however they received it at Convention from a fellow demonstrator, Kelly Mayou.   So here are a few pictures how I made it and my new organization for those projects:

To start your project, you need a piece of cardstock 6x6, some coordinating DSP (easy because of Stampin' Up! coordinating everything), 1 3/4 circle punch, adhesive, sticky strip, bone folder, paper snips, simply scored tool is great, or our paper trimmer with scoring blade.

Step 1:   Take your 6x6 cardstock and score at 2" and 4" vertical and horizontal, burnish with your bone folder.

 
 Step 2:  Trim with paper snips on either side of center block - can you tell by the picture?  Then trim on each side of the back to score lines - this is at the top of this picture.
 Step 3:  Fold this panel where it is trimmed on either side of center square, fold it up and put thru the 1 3/4" circle punch making sure you are in the center (almost, at least) and punch thru both pieces of cardstock.


 Step 4:  use sticky strip to adhere both circles together first, then apply sticky strip on the 3 under sides.   Wrap around the sides with no sticky strip first, then the other side with the sticky strip on it. 
 

 

Step 5:  put sticky strip to undersides of other panels, and press up to side.   You are working with the box upside down and it does not have a bottom, but the K cup sits perfectly on the finished box.
 



Step 6:   Decorate as desired, you will need some 1 3/4" squares of DSP for the outside of the box, something to decorate the front of the box (one of the sides).   I used the Perfect Blend stamp set and then some DSP along with some punches or BS dies to decorate the top of the K cup.





Now for the organization tip:   

I write the directions first on a piece of scrap paper, then write them neater on a 3x5 index card and punch a hole on the left top side to put on a binder ring and on the right side, I put a number in a circle ( which is what project this is).  This is project  #6
  I keep the template (white cardstock) and a sample (baja breeze cardstock) in a baggie marked with the number on a bright green sticker at the top.  I make a template in non SU white cardstock and also a finished project in cardstock, so that I can see what it will look like.   I don't put it together, so it will lie flat in the baggie.
 Here is the white template, scored, cute and punched, along with written instructions as to punching, where to put sticky strip and dsp.
 Here is the underside where sticky strip is needed.  
 and here is the finished project, except I did not adhere it together so that it will lie flat in the baggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...