Friday, April 27, 2012

Stampin' at the Meadows

Four years ago, I started attending a Church in Westminster, Crossroads Community Church.  I have since joined the church, been baptised there and volunteer when time allows in the office, nursery on Sunday's and the Information Desk.   I just love this church...love the pastor, Reid, how he speaks - on my level in terms I can relate to easily.   There is always something going on at the Church, events, Small groups and more.

After I started attending, they had a "Be the Church Sunday".    This is where the church body (those that could/wanting to participate.   We met at church on Sunday and then went out into the community to be the church out in the community doing things for others;  to various organizations, people in need, nursing homes, etc.   This is a tradition each year now, and last year I went to a local nursing home and played a game like bingo, but instead of numbers, the activity director would read a description of someone, something, someplace in Maryland and if you new the answer (as most of these residents did!) they would yell out the answer and everyone would cover that image on their card if they had it....Winning small prizes.   The residents had a ball!   I decided that day, I was going to do that, go to a nursing home or assisted living place nearby and volunteer, stamping, making cards.   Well, finally, time/dates/place all were aligned up and I went yesterday.   They had a good time and most of the residents made two cards, and even some late comers to the activity got to make a card.  One of the cards we made was the same one I used at the RMDH.   I just loved how some of the residents, switched papers and wanted to design their own card.   I will be going back next month for some more stamping....

I wished I had taken pictures of their individual cards, but here are my samples instead.

 One of the residents there is Walter, so I decided to have something masculine.   Simple, but I added a jumbo neutral brad and some linen thread to mine.   The sailboat is from a retired set, Winds of Grace.
 This is the same card as I did for Ronald McDonald House...They made some of them with Mother's Day greeting and some using Happy Birthday from the same set, Messages for Mom.
This card was copied from splitcoast stampers.  A friend came over to stamp and she brought some pictures she had printed from SCS and we copied this card.   The residents, workers and on lookers loved this card the best.   It uses the elegant bouquuet embossing folder (which I premade) and our stampin' pastels.  I used a birthday greeting from a retired set, Well Scripted and added some old olive 1/4" grossgrain ribbon.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...