Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ronald McDonald House 5K Red Shoe Shuffle

Being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator has been a blessing in my life and I try to pay it forward and be a blessing in other's lives too.   Stampin' Up! has a statement of the heart....  "To Love what we do and to Share what we Love as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile  accomplishments .....in this we make a difference!".

 Eight years ago, Apr 28th, I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator  It was one of the best things I have done in my life.   I have met so many people, made lasting friendships, in person and on line that I will have forever!!!, just by becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.   Five years ago I was asked by Stampin' Up! home office if I would like to become a Lead Volunteer at the Baltimore Ronald McDonald House.  I was nervous as to whether I would like it, would they like me...etc.   Well, it has been another thing I am so grateful to have done with my life.   I volunteer once a month, spending an hr or so, stamping with the guests who are staying at the house, hopefully giving them a break from whatever they are going through while there.   The staff is wonderful and the other volunteers who are there are GREAT!!!   Poole and Kent always prepares the dinner meal on the day I go there...Fabulous food and Fantastic desserts provided by a Wonderful Chef, Harry! 

Two weeks ago, they had their first Annual Red Shoe Shuffle, 5K Run, Walk for the Baltimore RMDH.  It was a HUGE success and I felt honored to be a part of it.   My sister, Joyce and my daughter Robyn walked along with me (actually it was my sister's idea to participate).    Here are a few pictures of the event:

 Robyn, Joyce and Me, before the race.
The runners lined up to get ready for the start of the race!   We started far behind, with the walkers, strollers and shufflers.!!!  There were 1500 people signed up to do the race, and raised $105,000.00!!! Awesome event.    

I encouraged everyone reading my blog to volunteer or donate in some way to your local Ronald McDonald House.   Everything at the houses are either donated or volunteer!   For those of you who are Stampin' Up! demonstrators, I encourage you to go to the S/Up! website and sign up under Making a Difference to your local Ronald House.   and if you are local to Maryland, Baltimore or surrounding area, contact me, I would LOVE for other demonstrators to be involved, either at the house - stamping or donating some supplies or planning a simple M&T for the guests to do or planning a Demo event...



No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...