Monday, January 3, 2011

Thank You Card

Do you ever cut cardstock to make a bunch of cards,  (like Christmas cards, Halloween, etc)  you know where you want to send out 5 or more of the same card?   Then either not sending as many or OMG!!! not sending any?   What do you do with the cardstock...already cut, and layers cut too, no stamping, just blank?  Well, that is how this card came about.   I had cut a bunch of cardstock and layers for some coworkers to make a card.   Real simple design using Scenic Season (borrowed, cause I don;t have it....GASP!)    Here is the card they made:


Real simple, Bravo burgundy card, Very Vanilla stamped layer, using always artichoke craft ink and clear embossing powder, (the one they made was not embossed) and bravo burgundy ink for the greeting.   I took several greetings for them to choose from.    I also used some retired artichoke organdy ribbon.   They all loved making the card and I told them they were not getting a card from me....My gift was them making their own card to give away.  

Since some of my coworkers were either not there that day or busy that they could not come by and make it, I had about  7 or 8 "card parts" leftover.    I decided to make a few quick cards for my husband to give some coworkers.    Then I decided to use some of the leftovers to make some quick cards to some friends and family....Here is the card.   Only change, stamp set is Come to Bethlehem and the ink was gold ink, which is a pigment ink that is used with embossing powders, but I wanted the card to be QUICK.   So, no embossing, just stamping and a quick pass under the embossing gun...just to set the ink to keep it from smearing.



I still had a few of these card parts leftover, so I decided to make some Thank you cards, for some special girls....my daughters and sister who gave me some GREAT gifts for Christmas.

I borrowed the stamp, Medallion  stamp because it happens to be another one that I don't own...How'd that happen????   I made this one a little different.  I wanted no ribbon - just easy and thin for mailing.  

 I made one of these for the gal who loaned me the stamp set and then the others for my sister and daughters.   Real easy and quick....I used the same card leftovers, and stamped the medallion using versamark ink and some old embossing powder (looks vanilla to match the cardstock) but I have no idea what kind of embossing powder it is, just in an unmarked jar.   I then pulled out my color coach to see what inks to use with bravo burgundy.   I used the baja breeze and sponged the ink all over the medallion in a circular motion and then buffed with a paper towel and the embossed image, "resisted" the ink.  That is the name of this technique....Emboss Resist.  I stamped the retired Thank You in bravo burgundy ink and viola`... the card was done....REALLY QUICK AND SIMPLE.


ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...