Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Christmas Card #3 from SAS

Here is the 3rd card from my SAS, also CASEd from Ronda

This card is on its side, because I forgot to change the direction when I inserted it....BUT maybe that is a good thing.    The card is very vanilla, then a layer of Riding Hood Red.   On a smaller piece of very vanilla, I stamped the holly sprig from the stamp set, Peaceful Season from the Holiday Mini catalog that is a Hostess Level 2 stamp set  and the Merry Christmas from, the stamp set, Bells and Boughs, also from the Holiday mini catalog.    I inked the holly sprig using always artichoke ink pad, the using a Q-tip, I removed the color from the berries, then using the Riding Hood Red marker, colored directly onto the stamp, gave the stamp a good "huff" and stamped the image on the very vanilla panel.  I stamped the Greeting in Riding Hood Red ink.  The tricky part of this card is the punched layer of crumb cake....I punched both sides with the scallop trim border punch.   I put the victorian crochet ribbon thru the punched holes and then tied a knot.  In addition, I added some of this wonderful artichoke seam binding, found on pg 21 of the Holiday Mini.  This is not like the seam binding you use for sewing....It is kind of a cross between silk ribbon and twill...oh so nice..  The cost is great too.   You get 10 yards for $6.95, now add on shipping and tax, it comes to $8.11.   That is 81 cents a yard and you don't have to drive around to a few stores to find something that goes with the cardstock, BECAUSE!!!  all of Stampin' Up!'s ribbons match their cardstock and their inks and their markers, oh and the pastels and don't let me forget watercolor crayons too.  

Any questions about this card or anything Stampin', just ask me......

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...