Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sympathy Card

The other day, a friend who happens to be one of my downline..was saying she needed to make a few cards, one of them a Sympathy Card.   I told her I had just seen a Sympathy card on Jill Hilliard's blog, using a stamp set I had lent her, and I challenged her to make it.  I said, "Just CASE it"!  I then challenged myself to CASE that same card too. 

As I starting pulling out some card stock, inks and looking thru my stamp sets to choose one like the one Jill used, since my friend had mine....I decided to change it up a bit.   I used a different embossing folder, stamp set and punch (for the sentiment).  


Here is my creation and I stamped on the inside too!

I stamped the background flower in Sahara Sand and to get the red center of the flower, I made a mask using a piece of a post it note and I cut it in a small oval shape.  I put the mask on the stamp, inked the stamp in basic black ink, removed the mask (with tweezers to keep my fingers clean) and used a real red marker to stamp the flower.   I added some black marker on the stamp and re stamped the 2nd time.

I stamped the inside with the same colors.

Check Jill's card, here, and let me know what you think?  

ENJOY!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...