Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sale a bration (SAB) DSP and ribbon

Here is a card I CASEd  off of Splitcoast Stampers.   I was searching for a specific stamp set, one that is retired and I came across a card.   The person posting said she got the technique from Splitcoast  Tutorials, so I clicked on the tutorials section and searched for Triangle Trifold card, watched both the tutorial and video, then made this card for my friend and neighbor, Kathy.  Of course I never did use the stamp set I was looking for inspiration on using!!!

I used Tangerine Tango as my card base, pool party and whisper white card stock, and I used up some small pieces of the Sycamore Street DSP from SAB and the ribbon is from SAB too.  The cake stamp is from the stamp set, Bring on the Cake which is one of the great Birthday sets from our regular catalog.   I inked the stamp in Island Indigo and use my Daffodil Delight marker for the candles.   

 This verse on this panel is also from the set, Bring on the Cake.
 The inside is from one of the 25th Anniversary Best of Sets, This is the first in that series, Best of Birthdays and the verse below the cake says, "a candle for every year might not be such a good idea...happy birthday!"  I inked the stamp in Island Indigo and since the ink stays wet longer, I was able to emboss the image with clear embossing powder.   This allowed me to color the candles  and some of the cake in with markers without it smearing...

I copied the tutorial and added some retired hardware to slide the ribbon around the card.
 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...