Monday, March 10, 2014

Spiral flower !!!!!

In the Occasions catalog on page 32 is a new Big Shot die...It's up in the top corner and I skimmed over it more than once.    A few weeks after receiving my copy of this magazine, I saw some projects using this die, so I purchased it.   It arrived and promptly sat on a table in my craft room...it sat and sat, still In the wrapper.  FOR OVER A MONTH!  Does anyone else do this??????

Well, last week I attended a Stampin' Up! Demo only meeting...not boring like most meetings!!! here we have lots of fun, learning new techniques, seeing products demonstrated by fellow demonstrators, swapping card fronts, and of course stamping.  There is recognition for sales and new demos and chances of getting free stampin up goodies!   OK so now the demonstration starts with this new die, cut card stock to fit on top of die, two pieces,  run thru the Big Shot now you have two.   Start a center and twirl til you get to the larger end and secure with hot glue!    That was it!! OMG So so easy. And so so pretty..   They had samples using all kinds of color combinations.  I only took a partial picture, but aren't they gorgeous??? 

I came home opened the package, took out the die, measured around the cutting part do the die and cut 2 pieces of card stock 4" x 4 1/2".   I put both of them on top of the die and ran it thru the big shot.  On one of the spirals I sponged some same color ink on the edges, I think next time I will do more ink. Next take a pair of tweezers and start turning from small edge til you get to the large end, then have your hot glue gun on and ready and put some glue on last Petal and press.  


The leaves are scraps of card stock cut out with the Sizzlet Little Leaves die, pg 188 of the regular catalog and only $5.50.   

If you want to learn more about this Stampin' Up! Big shot die or any of the great products we carry, just leave me a message here or contact me.


Enjoy!
Carol Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...