Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sunflower Club Card

This summer I had to change the dates of all of the clubs, June July and August!   Finally, this weekend we had our Stamp Club for August.   Like I mentioned a few days ago, I am trying to commit to using my swap cards I received at Convention for inspiration and CASEing and I did !

At Convention I participate in a 3x3 card swap and this is one great swap, I get so many ideas not only for this 3x3 card, but ideas to adapt for a regular size card.  I do use the 3x3 cards though and carry them in a small tin in my purse to put my tip for my server at a restaurant when I get good service, or when I get helpful service anywhere.  Each month at Stamp Club I offer a 3x3 card for them to make as an incentive to come to Club. 

I CASEd all the cards this month.    The first card was a combination of two of my swaps.   This first swap, I have no idea who made this swap, it was in a clear plastic envelope and the creators name was there and now I can't locate it.   If this is your swap from Convention, let me know so I can give you credit.



 
When I saw this card I knew I wanted to use my sunflower stamp.   It is a large stamp, one I had to have! it is a wood mount stamp and I had never even mounted it, let alone use it!   I used some of the same colors for one of my convention swaps, so I wanted to do something a bit different, but still using the sunflower stamp.   I  saw this swap made by Elaine Schader, loved everything about it, but I don't own the Dahlia stamp set YET, so I decided to use the sunflower stamp instead.


Here is the club card I came up with.   I used a Baked brown sugar card base, the embossed layer is Crisp Cantaloupe, embossed with the new Pretty Print Textured embossing folder from the Holiday catalog.   The image was stamped in Crisp Cantaloupe and layered onto a calypso coral layer.   I stamped the hello in Calypso Coral on white cardstock and layered onto a baked brown sugar cardstock,  I used the oval framelits for the greeting layers.
 
 
I'll save the other cards for another post....so stay tuned
 
 
Have a Great Weekend,
 
 
ENJOY!
Carol Valentine
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...