Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Side pocket card

I saw this style card on Diane Sisneros' blog and wanted to try it out right away.   I changed it to hold a small card and check I was sending someone.  

I used some retired card stock, Baja Breeze for the card base.   The embossed layer is soft suede and I had that piece in my scrap folder, already embossed. I used some retired, but one of my favorite DSP's, Elegant Soirre for the pocket and the mini card inside the pocket.  I punched out some blossoms from the blossom punch in Baja breeze and sponged some of the same color on the edges.   I layered these with a glue dot in between them. I stamped one if the images from Mixed Bunch in Baja breeze and sponged some color on the edges and layered onto the other flowers with a glue dot.  I added a little crystal effects to the center of the blossom.   The card insert, I started with a piece of DSP that was 3 1/2"  x 4" and folded it in half to 2", then angled the edges so it would fit inside the pocket.   I did not measure how much I cut off the edge, but it fit In the pocket and held the check, folded up.  The greeting is from the set, Many Thanks.

ENJOY!
Carol Valentine
Sbjcarol@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...