Saturday, July 28, 2012


Well, I am trying this from my iPad....ok where is the upload picture thingy????

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Here is the first card swap, this was for the Proverbial Stampers Get together swap. I used the ever popular Mixed Bunch stamp set. I saw so many swaps a convention using this set, I used Pool Party card stock, ink and ruffled ribbon, all matching. I also used Regal rose ink and cardstock, embossing the regal rose cardstock using the big shot elegant lines embossing folder. Mixed Bunch stamp set has a matching punch and I used a 1" circle punch in pool party cardstock, then stamped the center flower in regal rose ink and added crystal effects and let dry for 2 days, NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!! I punched them using the 3/4" circle punch. I did not put the card together, but brought the parts in stamp boxes and gong to assemble at SLC....flying and crystal effects don't mix well. All those centers stuck together.
I attended another swap, a shoebox swap and one of the ladies had a card using that set, the punch and a darker ink. She graciously allowed me to use her stamp, ink and punch to make the 26 parts I needed....Thank you Judy Rossiter!!!! You saved my swapping.

The next card uses Blooming with Kindness set...And my favorite technique, embossed resist...



I stamped the flower image in versamark ink and used clear embossing powder and heat set, I then sponged Baja Breeze ink all over the flower, then buffed with a paper towel....and that is it!!! Embossed resist is such an easy technique. I used the big shot and the label embosslits and the fancy fan embossing folder. I put some Baja breeze seam binding on the from and the greeting.

enjoy

And the other swap card will either post before or after this post, as I am still learning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...