Monday, June 20, 2011

Challenge Card

Are you up for a Challenge????   I have found the best way to get my creative juices flowing is to check for a sketch or color challenge and try to come up with a card.   This week I have done a lot of stamping and just taking a card sketch or color combination and start stamping.

I have a Challenge for all of you.   If you have a current catalog, turn to page 75.  The cute card with the birds from Happy Together (retiring this month).   Take this sketch from this card and make a card using any Stampin' Up! stamp set and make a card.   You need to keep your card like this one,  and include image that is cut or punched , use dimensionals to pop it up on your card.   Make your full card, mail or give it to me, by July 1st.   All cards submitted will be voted on and the winner will receive FREE Stampin' Up! gift from Me...All cards submitted will receive a Thank You  gift from Me.   ALL cards received will be donated to Ronald McDonald House in Baltimore for the guests who stay there to use.   

Here is a picture of the card on Page 75.



Here is my card that I did....I used Poppy Parade as the base color of the card, then I checked out the DSP in the catalog and used the colors listed with the Sunny Garden DSP which uses Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, and Peach Parfait.   Don't you just love this Color tool?    I stamped the "sun" from the stamp set, Touch of Kindness from the Summer Mini catalog and stamped the greeting on white card stock and put it inside the sun.  I added some Crystal Effects to the scallops of the sun. I used a scrap of Daffodil Delight cardstock at the top, then Whisper White for the main image of the birdbath, which I colored using the aqua painter and the lid of the ink pads from my color pallet, adding a baja breeze for the birds and water drops, which I put some crystal effects on too.  The bottom color is Pear pizzazz, which I used the scallop border punch on.   I also added some daffodil delight 1/4" gross grain ribbon.




SO, get your fingers inky and make your card and set it to me no later than July 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...