Monday, February 23, 2015

Creative Blog Hop - Today

I have been invited by Lynne Peters to join in a Monday Creative Blog Hop and am excited to join in and to post on my  blog.  I will share my creation and then show you the steps that will help you create one of your own.   Every one turns out completely different...kinda like snowflakes.....no two alike!

I am using my favorite technique for this card, called Emboss Resist.   I am using mostly favorites for this card.  I am using one of my favorite stamp sets from the Occasions catalog, Sheltering Tree and using some favorite colors too, Pool Party, Soft Sky, Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo.   Some other items you need besides stamps, ink and paper are Embossing powder, versamark or white craft ink and a heat tool.   

     Start with a piece of whisper white card stock, my piece is 5 1/4 x 4.   

First I stamped my bare tree in Early Espresso ink (since this stamp set is a photopolymer set, make sure you use a foam mat under your card stock).   Next I stamped the leaves of the tree in white craft ink, sprinkled clear embossing powder on top and heated until it melted the powder.   You can't really see it that well, but it is stamped there.


Next I sponged the lightest color ink in a swirling motion - Soft Sky


I continued sponging with the following colors:   Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Lost Lagoon and Island Indigo...Don't all those names of the colors sound inviting?   Especially to all my friends getting hit with snow, ice and cold!!!!


  • I did another one and sponged the same colors, just some more of the darker colors.

I will finish the one on the right later, I want it more round than oval, just a bit more sponging.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me, leave a comment on this blog, text, email, my contact information is listed in my blog header. 

Along with this blog hop, I need to answer the following 4 questions:


  • What are you working on?   I am always working on something.   I have just recently moved 1000 miles from my family, friends, stampin' buddies so I had to change things.   I found it difficult after I first set up my new craft room.  - no stamp club, no classes, nothing to prepare for, so I have started sending out a few cards to my family and friends, each day....  I am having my first class on Tuesday, so I just spent this past week preparing the cards for the class.  
  • How does your work differ from others in your genre? This question is hard for me, I think we all differ from one another.   I CASE a lot, see a card or a project and copy it changing colors or stamps or accessories for ones that I have.  Since moving, I have started checking out sketches and doing my own thing..... which is mostly card making, cards that go in the mail, not too many embellishments and ones that are easy for others to make.
  • Why do you create what you do? I create what I do, because I cannot draw or paint, or play an instrument or sing!   But I can stamp!!!!  I love love  love showing others they can too and when they get excited after they have made a card and know who they are sending it to, that is when I know that is why....To make a difference, even it is someone else making the difference to someone they know, I helped them....  I just read something recently....Stampin' puts joy in my heart!  The whole process, getting ideas, playing with stamps, inks, papers, stamping, cutting, punching, die cutting, gluing, embossing.   I love it all and it does fill my heart with JOY!
  • How does your creative process work? I said that I CASE most of my projects, from all kinds of sources; Pinterest, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website, Splitcoast Stampers, checking others blogs.   and lately checking out a sketch challenge.   I always make 2 cards when I sit down to create, I mean, your cutting the card stock in half, so might as well make 2 cards, only have to clean up your mess once.!
Here are some of the other people who have posted in previous Monday hops.  Hope you enjoy looking at their sites and getting ideas from them also.  I have recruited Frances Wagner to continue the hop for next Monday and I will add her blog info next week for you as a reminder.










ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...