Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thank You card, Double Embossing

I was checking out some videos on the Stampin' Connection site for demonstrators and found one on using two embossing folders.    I tried it and really liked how it looks and it was really easy.   I didn't have the stamp she used, but copied everything else exactly. 

Here's my version:


I used one of the butterflies from Papillon Potpourri and inked the stamp in Summer Starfruit and then took a dauber and sponged Midnight Muse and stamped it on a vanilla rectangle....Guess what happened?   The color on the edges was green not blue like it should have been, so I figured I didn't have enough ink on my sponge dauber, so I cleaned my stamp and did it again.   This time it turned out blue, but if you look close you can see some green in there.   I waited a minute til the ink dried and then used my 2 way glue pen and dazzling diamonds to give it some dazzle....

Here is how to do the double embossing.   First put your card stock in the large embossing folder ( put it in sideways so that there is the small area that doesn't emboss for the greeting).   Next take the rectangle embossing folder and place your embossed card stock where you want it.  No on top of the rectangle embossing folder you will want to have a shim a thick one (I made mine out of a thick piece of chipboard).  This is how you put it thru the Big Shot:   Multi platform plate with tab 1 and 2, then your embossing folder with the card stock in it and then top cut plate (no bottom cut plate needed).

To assemble, stamp your image on the size of the opening of the rectangle (if that is the embossing folder you use), then adhere to the embossed card stock and assemble the card as usual.

Hope you try it, it really is a nice look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...