Thursday, November 10, 2016

Stampin' Up! Paisleys and Posies - 3x3 Thank Yous

This stamp set  is on page 47 of the Holiday Catalog and has coordinating framelits.   The stamp set consists of 18  Photopolymer stamps for $21 and the framelits have 19 dies for $29.  The bundle for both is $45 which saves you 10%.  

I have a confession to make.......When I saw this stamp set, I thought....not my style and moved on looking thru the catalog.  When the catalog went live back in September, I started seeing samples and to tell the truth, I didn't really like any I saw.  Then about a week ago, I spotted a card on a blog and I had to get this set....I wanted to recreate the card I saw.   I called my friend and one of my downline Phyllis and asked if I could borrow hers for my upcoming class, and could she send it to me right away!!!!   Of course she says....THANK YOU PHYLLIS.   I recreated the card for my classes this month, I'll share later in the month.  

I wanted to make some other cards using this set, so this is what I came up with.... My own creation (doesn't happen often).   I had been cutting some leaves using the leaf framelits for my Mom using Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke and Crushed Curry and I just love the color Cajun Craze.....So I made these and used the Cajun Craze and Soft Suede ink and Copper wire.  

These cards are fun to make (and give to others)....It uses the basics....Stamping, no Big shot, just lots of stamps and ink and card stock.... and a punch to make the flag tails on the Blessed greeting.  I made the cards assembly line style.  First I cut the cajun craze card stock 6 x 3 and scored in half.   Next, I cut insides using Very Vanilla card stock at 2 3/4" square.  Then I went thru my scraps of Very Vanilla card stock and pulled out a bunch of scraps, I stamped the greeting in Soft Suede ink and cut the tails using the Triple Banner Punch.  I stamped the front of the card with Cajun Craze ink, stamping each image on all the cards before stamping the next image...I think I used 6 different stamps in that set!   To adhere the copper wire, I put snail on the back of the greeting tag and wrapped wire in a figure 8 pattern pressing into the snail as I made 2 figure 8s.  I put dimensionals on back of the greeting tag and put onto the card.  I stamped "I thank you for your part in my journey" which is one of the stamps in the set, on each inside 2 3/4" square, because I really am blessed and grateful to these people that I give these cards to.

These small sized cards are great to give out all the time for a variety of reasons.   I give my server's tip in these cards at restaurants, to the conscientious person in Panera's who is clearing tables when they see me or those I am with struggling with trays of dishes and grandchildren!  The person in any store who is helpful in my search for a specific item or they go out of their way to help in a variety of ways, Hairdressers, bank tellers, and just about anyone.  They are easy to make and Make a Difference in someone's life.





WOW, it is 3 hrs earlier tonight writing this post than it was last night!   I might even get to stamp a little tonight.   I'll use this stamp set too and post again tomorrow!   Three days in a row?  I don't know if you all can take it.

I challenge you to make someone's day.   Grab some card stock and make a few 3x3 cards or even smaller. If you have some scrap card stock that you need to use up, fold it in half and challenge yourself to stamp on it to give away - someone might need a pick me up and you could be that person.

ENJOY and be kind to one another!

Carol

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...