Friday, March 6, 2015

Stampin' Up! From the Herd and Big Day stamp sets

The first time I saw this set, I knew I had to have it!   The move to Florida was happening and I didn't get a chance to use it, before I knew it, it was now March and I had the stamp set since before New Years and hadn't used it yet!!!

How many times has this happened to you?   I know for me, it seem like the past few years this has happened A LOT!   SO, starting today, I am making a conscious effort to use all of my stamp sets!  At least part of the set anyway.   SO many times I use the same few sets, over and over.   Well, no more.  

Tonight I pulled out this set and one that I received FREE  when I purchased $50.   This is Sale a bration and that is what happens, when you purchase $50 before shipping and tax, you get to choose something from the Sale a bration catalog for FREE.   SO tonight I pulled out these two sets along with some others and began creating.

My first card was for my Stamp friends up in Maryland....I really miss getting together every Wednesday evening and stamping or watching Jean meticulously scrapbook (she is amazing), some others even crochet.   I used From the Herd stamp set and Just Sayin' stamp set.   I didn't want to color the whole image in, so I took the colors from the DSP and started coloring in the eyes, and hair of these guys.   I wanted a stamp to say, Miss you guys, but there wasn't one anywhere in my craft room, so I pulled Just Sayin' from my shelve and used my marker to color the stamp and just omitted the last word which was "already".  I stamped it on whisper white card stock and cut it out with the Word Bubble Frameltis, then I wrote GUYS with Lost Lagoon stampin' write marker.  I even put a little crystal effects on  their noses!   Hope they like it, I am going to send it to one of the gals and she can share it with the gals next Weds night (unless they are snowed in again, I sure hope not).   I could have made a few of these, one for the demo friends in Hanover, one for my Stamp Club ladies....An ecard of this one will have to do...




My next card, I needed for my brother's grandson, whose birthday is tomorrow (I mean today), cause it is after midnight.   I wanted something not girlie, especially for a 12 yr old.   I used Gorgeous Grunge and the freebie set from Sale a bration, Big Day.   I tried to find colors that would go together for a guy and no pinks or yellows really, tried to stick with blues and browns.   What do you think?   Hope he likes it.

Enjoy!   Stay safe and warm my friends up north, hope to see you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...