Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Sharing some Christmas cards

Did you get all your Christmas cards an gifties made in time?   I think this is the first year that I did send all of my cards in time and made some gifties and had them complete in time!!! Amazing...first time and I have been making my Christmas cards for 15 years.

Want to know my secret?   Well there isn't one, not really.    I keep a list from year to year of cards I send and receive and I do continue sending cards even if I do not receive from others, why?   Because I like sending them as well as receiving them.   So, back to my secret...I keep all my Christmas stamps in a under the bed box along with my list and starting in July, I start planning Christmas cards for my stamp club....I pull out my box or get some new products and make a card for the club members to make.   I make a few extra packets of these cards and before I put away all the supplies to make the cards, I sit down and make those extra - usually around 4.   I continue this thru Oct which gives me 16 cards (I send @ 65).   In Oct and November I plan a few Christmas card classes and I make 4 each of those cards, that gives me about 36 more cards.    The rest of the cards I need come from inspirations from blogs I visit, Stampin' Up! demo events, the Stampin' Up! demo site, Pinterest, Splitcoast stampers and just about anywhere.

So start sooner,  join my Stampin' club - it starts in June and goes to May, with no Stamp Club commitment in November or December (however, I do hold stamp club for those that want to participate those months).   or attend one of My Holiday card making classes.


I didn't take pictures of the cards I sent, but I do have some pictures of cards I received from Stampin' friends.  

Linda's 3-dimensional tree card.... I have made ornament cards like this, but never thought to do a Christmas tree. 

Jean's woven ribbon card.....Jean always do something intricate with ribbons or paper piecing....I would never attempt this technique, but I LOVE it...
Nancy's embossed poinsettia, simplicity, and elegant.   Love all of these.  
 
I will be posting more cards over the next few days, but probably won't get to all of them, I wish I could.
 
ENJOY!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...