Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Stampin' here in Connecticut

WOW, where did the month go?   I can't believe it is almost Halloween! 

I am in Connecticut on a mini vacation and believe it or not, have set up a stampin' station in our hotel room and have been doing some stamping.   I am stampin' while here in CT and getting some Christmas Cards done for Ronald McDonald House.   I am a part of a Wonderful Group of ladies who meet every Wednesday and stamp, scrapbook, crochet or even search the net on Pinterest!   We have been making some gorgeous cards for Christmas for the guests at Ronald McDonald House.   My goal is 360 cards, which would give every family staying at the house, 10 cards each.   I'll wrap them all in ribbon and give each family a packet of cards.   I share some of those cards later when we get together to package them up.   Currently I have 290 cards and need 70 more cards which should take no time in getting those completed.   I have 10 cards that I am working on here in the hotel tonight.   Hopefully I can get those done, or mostly done....just realized I need a few markers I didn't bring on finish coloring in some images.

I was going to share pictures of our October Club Cards, however.......they are not on the camera card I have with me!!!   what I didn't take pictures!!!???   SO, instead I am sharing some other cards I have made this month.

This first card, yep it is sideways.....can't figure this out, have spent hours!!!! so I decided I better just go ahead and at least share it.   In my pictures on my camera, the camera card, the picture folder in my computer, all have this card and the other one right side up...however whenever I try and bring it over here to my blog, it shows sideways.... how frustrating and I am sure it is not easy to view, but I would rather at least share it than not.

I used a mixture of Stampin' Up! products and other companies items that I have had in my possession for years.   I used all Stampin' Up! cardstock, the embossing folder is the chevron.   I used the bird from ? not sure what company, will have to look when I get home and update this post.  I also used a Happy Birthday Stamp from an unknown company, at least for now.   Update to follow in a day or two.  First I stamped the bird in black staz on, then colored it in using an aqua painter ink pads.   I stamped another image of the bird and cut out using my paper snips.....(they are on sale starting today).   After cutting the image out (which was super simple and quick) I used temporary adhesive to cover the stamped image on the cardstock and then sponged Sahara Sand, So Saffron and coastal cabana on whisper white cardstock.  I added dimensionals to pop the layer of the stamped bird up.  This card is for my Mom's husband, Ed, it was his 91st birthday on the 28th!!!! 


 

 
This card was inspired by a card I saw on Splitcoast stampers.   Julie  used a computer laptop image.  I used the typewriter from You're my Type, a retired stamp set from a few years ago.   I have spent so many years of my life typing.   First in a typing pool for SSA, then as a typist and then a word processor, also at SSA.  When I went to the hospital to work, we typed the patient's charts on a red IBM typewriter, then computers came along, and my typing speed and accuracy went down the drain!  This card was super quick and is for my nephew, Pete who is a computer gruru...



This last card was inspired from a Stamping magazine I was looking thru that was from 1999!!!!  I used some "shadow" stamps that was all the rage years ago, yep I still have mine.   I inked them in subtles colors varying the sizes of the shadow stamps.   I then searched my number stamp sets, and realized I had 2!!!!, so I found the alphabet stamp set among my non Stampin' Up! stamps and spelled out the number 5.  I stamped the numbers and letters in darker colors than the shadows.

I hope you get a chance to stamp today.




ENJOY!

And check out the latest sales special on the Stampin' Up! home page, www.stampinup.com. They are only on sale for a week.   They are great deals.  I am lovin' their 25th Anniversary.







No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...