Saturday, August 28, 2010

Top Note Cards

August has been a busy month.   and I am sorry I have not posted more often.... no excuses, just that I am sorry I haven't posted.

These 2 cards I made using the top note die and the Big Shot.   Did you know that the Top Note die is the No. 1 die that Stammpin' Up! sells?   So far, 30,000 have been sold.!!!  Do you have one??   I know it the the number 1 die that I use.   

Some other Big Shot SU! Facts....   The #1 BS item sold by SU! is the Beautiful Wings Embosslet - to date 41,000 have been sold.   The #2 BS item sold is the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder with 37,000 of those being sold and the #3 item is the Top Note Die.

OK.....Onto the cards.


This card I made for some Thank You's for people who came to my Baptism last week. They are all written and mailed and probably received, and it has only been 5 days!!!



   First, I cut a Top Note from a piece of chipboard (actually from a backing of a pad of paper.  Next, I took the "frame" from the top note die and used some Dotto to adhere it to the Very Vanilla cardstock.   Next I got out my Crumb Cake, Marina Mist and Bashful Blue inks and my sponges and sponged the colors.   I took the palm tree using markers directly to the rubber.   
Stamp Sets:   Plant Hope- p 119, Thank You Kindly-p 158
Colors:  Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Early Espresso, Garden Green, Night of Navy and Very Vanilla
Accessories:   BIG SHOT, Top Note Die, Hemp twine, markers, sponges and snail adhesive 


*********************************************


My next card is a Birthday card for a friend, this card I actually used the top note die...This card was inspired by Jeanne Nielsen.




  This card was so simple and I used the Top note and stamped directly onto it.   I inked up the stamps from Watercolor Trio (Summer Mini - available only until Aug 31st) and then took a Q-tip and took the color off of the flowers and added Cherry cobbler with the marker.  stamped a few times before reinnking the stamp.
I tied a ribbon (retired black organdy) using  tied a ribbon (retired black organdy) using Lee Conrey's  bowmaker and attached it to the back of the top note stamped image.
Stamp Set:   Watercolor Trio
Colors:  Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black
Accessories:   Big Shot, Top Note die, BS Finial Press Embossing Folder, ribbon, snail adhesive.

Have a Great Weekend and Stamp something for someone!!!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE SHIPPING !!! Plus DSP Sale still going on

 Hey, I know it’s been like a hot minute since last posting on my Blog, but here goes!   I have a few wonderful products in this new catalog...